Microsoft Teams login
Read on to know all about the features of Microsoft Teams, how to log in to Microsoft Teams, and how you can access Teams as a guest.
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is an app that allows you and your team to remain organised and to communicate with one other – all in the same place. Microsoft Teams comprises of:
1. Teams: You can find groups to belong to, or you can formulate your own. Within these channels or groups, you’re able to hold meetings, share files, and converse with employees, colleagues, or friends.
2. Meetings: You can log down and check all your meetings for the day and week. You can even schedule an appointment via Teams. This calendar then automatically syncs with your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
3. Phone or video calls: You can give anyone a call even if they’re not using Microsoft Teams so long as your organisation has set this up.
4. Activity: Use this to get up-to-date with your mentions, replies, and unread messages.
How to log in to Microsoft Teams?
If you’re using a desktop, do the following:
1. If you’ve got a Windows device, click Start, then Microsoft Corporation, followed by Microsoft Teams. If you’ve got a Mac, click the Applications folder, followed by Microsoft Teams. If you’re using the web browser, then click the following: https://teams.microsoft.com.
2. Once you’ve started Microsoft Teams, you need to sign in to your account using your username and password. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking the ‘Forgot your password?’ link. Microsoft will send a temporary passcode to your email, which you can use to update your password.
If you’re using a phone, do the following:
1. Download the Microsoft Teams app.
2. Click on the Microsoft Teams icon, then sign in using your username and password. See above if you’ve forgotten your password.
Can you join a Microsoft Teams meeting without an account?
Whether you have a Microsoft Teams account or not, you’re able to join a Microsoft Teams meeting from any device at any given time.
If you do not have a Microsoft Teams account, you can take the following steps to join the meeting as a guest:
However, do bear in mind that some meetings do not permit people to join as guests.
1. Once you’ve found the meeting invite (Microsoft may have sent it to you via text or email), you need to click ‘Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’.
2. After clicking on Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’, the browser will take you to a web page where you’ll have two options:
Option 1: Download the app.
Option 2: Join on the web page instead. If you decide to join the web page, you can use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
3. You’ll then be asked if Microsoft Teams can access your camera and mic. If you want to be seen and heard during the meeting, make sure you click allow.
4. Enter your name.
5. Choose your video and audio settings. If you would like to listen to the Teams meeting through your mobile phone, choose Phone audio.
6. Once you’ve taken these steps and are ready, click ‘Join now’.
7. Microsoft will now take you to the meeting lobby. Teams will notify the meeting host that you’re in the meeting lobby.
8. Someone from the organisation will then admit you into the meeting. If you’re not admitted within 15 minutes of waiting, Microsoft will remove you from the meeting lobby. Should this happen, feel free to join again by following the instructions from step 2.
If you’ve organised the meeting, Microsoft Teams will notify you whenever someone is waiting in the meeting lobby. After this, you need to do the following:
1. Click Admit to let the person enter the meeting.
2. Alternatively, you can click View Lobby to either admit or deny them.
Do you need Microsoft 365 to use Microsoft Teams?
There are several ways that you can use Microsoft Teams. If you’d like longer meeting times and would like access to other additional features, it’s better to use Microsoft Teams as part of the Microsoft 365 package.
If you’re looking for basic features, you can use Microsoft Teams for free. Feel free to look at the pricing for Microsoft Teams to establish which version is the right fit for you and your needs.
Here are the different versions of Microsoft Teams:
1. Microsoft Teams as part of Microsoft 365
Whether it’s for school, work, or government, your IT administrator will be able to confirm whether you have Microsoft Teams as part of Microsoft 365. If you’ve already got Microsoft Teams, you can access it by logging in.
If you can’t log in, your IT administrator needs to turn on Teams and configure the settings. You can also make the following purchases for your organisation:
• Microsoft 365 Basic: You’re able to host an email with a 50 GB mailbox, get around-the-clock help and web support, make sure of Office apps like Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint, facilitate video meetings for up to 300 people.
• Microsoft 365 Business Standard: You’re able to make use of Office apps like Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint, host an email with a 50 GB mailbox, get around-the-clock help and web support, use one license to cover Microsoft Office 365 apps on five devices, 5 PCs or Macs, and five tablets.
• Microsoft 365 E3: You’re able to use one license to cover Microsoft Office 365 apps on five devices, 5 PCs or Macs, and five tablets, protect data with rights management, message encryption, and data loss, and facilitate email archiving with mailbox hold and eDiscovery.
Can I join a Teams meeting with a Gmail account?
As long as you’ve got a consumer or business email account – be it Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or others, you can participate in Microsoft Teams as a guest. You’ll have complete access to the files, meetings, and team chats.